If you have selected the technical note as format, you may now download the template here. We will not use the html file, but directly publish the markdown file on this website, in a dedicated section. You may have a look here: Technical Note Example.
During the Elevator Pitch Session, you will have the opportunity to interact with people interested in your work. The technical note should give enough information to start a meaningful discussion, without being too overwhelming. Reading time should be about 5 minutes.
Please also consult our accessibility guidelines for technical notes
Recording Regular and Lightning Talks
- Regular talks: 15 minutes
- Lightning Talk: 5 minutes
Your face should be clearly visible:
- A video with yourself and your presentation material is more engaging and deaf or hard of hearing people may be able to read your lips.
- You can use either a picture-in-picture layout (slides in the background, smaller speaker in the foreground), or slides and speaker splitting the screen.
We suggest the following tools:
- Zoom (share your slides and record yourself)
- Simple Screen Recorder
- OBS Studio
Submit your video in one of these formats:
- Feel free to increase the font size, color, and change the proportion of your slides to suit your screen and make sure that the text size is large enough.
- Try to have a neutral background, and no ambient or background noise.
- Speak clearly and at a pace that allows for people to follow the content.
- Describe your graphics, pictures, videos, and memes.
- Speak every word on a slide, read long excerpts aloud.
- We do not recommend using the xaringanExtra slide tones in their current implementation. They produce a sound for every click, so in incremental mode you can get many clicks per slide, and also when navigating back during the presentation.